Today we will discuss on a major query “How do I get my Brother printer to connect wirelessly”. Connecting a printer with wireless network gives you an ease to print wirelessly. As long as your devices are connected to the wireless network, you can print your files and documents wirelessly. In this article, you will read about the process of connecting a Brother printer to the wireless network.
Before we move on to the configuration process, you need to assemble the hardware devices and record your wireless network credentials like:
- Network Name (SSID)
- Network Key (Passphrase)
- After you record the wireless network credentials, power on your printer.
- Connect the AC power cord to the Brother printer and plug the adapter into the power outlet. Make sure the printer gets turned on.
Now comes the main process of configuration. We have put down some of the basic instructions that will help you in connecting the Brother printer to the wireless network.
- Look for the display on the Brother printer and navigate to the Network settings using Up and Down button.
- Choose WLAN settings and then select the Setup Wizard and press Ok.
- Now the printer will prompt you with a question “Enable Wireless?”, enable wireless network and start the wireless setup wizard.
- Now the Brother machine will start searching for available wireless networks around it. When the list of SSIDs appear on the screen, use Up and Down button to select the home wifi.
- If your wireless network is configured with a security key, your machine will prompt you to enter the wireless network key. In case your wireless network is not configured with a security key, your printer won’t ask for a network key. This is also known as an Open network.
- Now the Brother machine will attempt to connect to the wireless network. If the printer successfully connects to the network, the display will show a message “Connected”.
- After the printer successfully connects to the wifi, you will need to download the driver for your Brother machine.
- Now that you have downloaded the Brother Printer driver, open the installer on your computer.
- Now, follow the instructions to install the Brother Printer driver on your computer.
So this was the solution of the issue that you were facing with your Brother machine. Still thinking how do I get my Brother printer to connect wirelessly?
Brother printer not connecting to wifi?
Is your Brother printer not connecting to wifi? Nothing to get frustrated on, simply follow the instructions provided below:
- Restart the Brother machine and see if the issue still appears. If yes, follow the next step.
- Use the Network connection repair tool to fix the wireless network settings of your Brother machine. It will automatically assign the appropriate IP address to your Brother machine. Still facing the same issue? Go to the next step.
- Check your Brother machine’s wireless network status by printing the WLAN report. If the WLAN report says connection Ok, it means you can print your documents easily.
In this article, we explained you the solution of your Query “how do I get my Brother printer to connect wirelessly”. We hope this article helped you to fix the issue that you were facing with your Brother machine. In case you need more assistance, just give us a call on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.