This article will teach you how do I connect my Brother printer to my new router. Connecting a Brother printer to a new router is a very easy task. When connecting a Brother printer to a new router, you won’t require an installation disk. Simply, collect the wireless network credentials of your router and proceed with the setup process.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my new router: Pre-Installation
In this section, you need to record your wireless network credentials and set up the hardware connection:
- Network Name or SSID
- Network security key (Passphrase)
- After recording the wireless network credentials of your router, set up the hardware connection.
- Connect the AC power cord to the Brother printer and plug the adapter into the power outlet.
- Now, turn on your computer for the further process.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my new router: Configuration
This section will make you walk through the configuration process. Follow the below given instructions carefully.
- Go to the display of your Brother printer and navigate to the network settings using the Up and Down button.
- Choose the WLAN settings and select the printer setup wizard.
- Now your printer will prompt you a question “Enable wireless”? Enable wireless network and start with the printer setup wizard.
- The brother machine will now scan active wireless networks around it. You will see the list of active wireless networks on your screen. Choose your home wifi from the list and tap the icon.
- Now you will be prompted to fill the Network security key. Enter the Network security key and the machine will try to establish a secure connection with the wireless network.
- Now that you have successfully connected a printer to the wireless network, proceed with the printer driver installation process.
- Go to the official Brother Printer website to download the driver. Enter the model number of your machine to get the appropriate driver for your printer.
- After you download the printer driver, double-click the icon and start the driver installation process.
- Once you start with the driver installation process, follow the on-screen instruction to install the drivers on your computer.
Now that you have successfully connected the printer to your new router, print a test page to check whether the printer is connected to the router or not. By printing the test document, you will also get to know the print quality of your printer.
So this was all about how do I connect my Brother wireless printer to my new router. We hope this article helped you to configure your printer with the router. In case you face an issue or any difficulty while establishing the connection, just give us a call on our 24 x 7 Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you for reading this article.