Hope everyone is doing well! Today we will discuss the major issue that most of the people with Brother Printer face. We always receive queries like “how do I connect my Brother DCP J105 Printer to wifi“. Setting up a Brother DCP printer with a wireless network is an easy task. In this tutorial, we will provide you with the instructions to set up a Brother DCP Printer on a wireless network using the supplied CD-ROM. Using a CD-ROM will eliminate the use of a USB cable. So go through the whole tutorial to know about the setup process.
This is the very first phase in the solution of the query “how do I connect my Brother DCP J105 printer to wifi”. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
- Confirm that the wireless router is already set up. If not, set up your wireless router first.
- The wireless router should be turned on.
- Check and note down the SSID (Network Name) and Passphrase (Security Key).
- Place the Brother Printer near the router.
- Insert the installation disk into the cabinet.
- After this, you will see a window prompting you to take action on the installation disk.
- Click on the install MFL-pro suite and agree to the license agreement.
- Now you will see a Firewall detected window, select Change the firewall port settings and continue.
- The Wireless device setup window will appear on the screen. Select I don’t have a USB cable and then click Next.
- On the Installation confirmation screen, click Next and choose to connect the device to the wireless network.
- When the Enable wireless window appears on your screen, go to your Printer and enable its WLAN settings. You can enable the WLAN settings of the Printer by navigating to its control panel.
- Now go back to the computer and choose the Brother printer you want to set up with the wireless network. Select your Brother machine from the list and click Next.
- Now the drivers and software installation will begin. After the installation starts, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
After this, your printer will be set up with the wireless network.
Brother printer not connecting to wifi?
Is your Brother printer not connecting to wifi? Don’t get frustrated, follow the instructions provided below:
- Powercycle the Brother printer and see if the issue still appears. If yes, follow the next step.
- Use the Network connection repair tool to fix the network settings of your printer. It will automatically assign the appropriate IP address to your Brother printer. Still facing the same issue? Go to the next step.
- Check your machine’s wireless network status by printing the WLAN report. If the print says connection Ok, it means you can print your documents easily.
So this was all about the solution of your query “how do I connect my Brother DCP J105 printer to wifi”. We hope these instructions helped you to set up your printer with the wireless network. In case you need any assistance regarding your Brother printer, give us a call on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.