Printers are always thought to be an extremely complicated device. Working with them scares many people and the rest go into shock when they are asked to turn printer from offline to online. This animosity is rather not necessarily because of their complicated mechanism.
The fact that people do not understand how it works, causes these devices to become notorious where they shouldn’t be. The simple workaround for this would be to learn as much as you can about such devices and maybe for once you would happily be able to resolve issues related to it.
Strangely, I was scared of printers too until one day, one of my friends made me sit down and learn about it and I would be doing the same today to help you resolve your issues related to printers but which one should we go for first?
I am asked constantly asked questions like ‘How do you change a printer from offline to online?’ or like ‘How do I get my printer online?’ and ‘How to connect printer that is offline?’ basically answers to questions which will work at quickly bringing printers online while you are working.
Hence the solution to the question ‘How do you change a printer from offline to online?’ can be pursued with the following steps:
- The first step to resolving the printer offline issue is to check all the physical connections. These include checking the following. Check the power lines to the devices associated in the connection. Also check the network cables and relevant connectivity wires to ensure maximum uptime. These physical connections cause the printer to go offline most of the time.
- The next thing to do would be to go to start menu and head over to the control panel menu. Choose the Hardware and sound option and go to devices and printers option. Here you will be allowed to see all the printing devices that are installed in your computer and their status. If for some reason you are unable to spot the device that you need to print the documents, you may have to reinstall the device from the beginning. This would include installing the printer’s software and its drivers in your system.
- If you can spot the printer in the list of devices, you will need to bring it online to resolve the query ‘How to connect printer that is offline?’ To do this, double click on the printer icon that shows it offline. Once a new window opens up, scroll down towards the bottom of the menu and click on connect button.
- The above should resolve the Turn printer from offline to online issue. Yet, if it still doesn’t work, turn off both your computer and the printer and turn them on again. Let the printer go through the entire cycle of initialization. The restart may push the OS to identify the printer again.
- If your query of ‘How do you change a printer from offline to online?’ is still not resolved and you can still see the printer icon with ‘offline’ state, you would have to uninstall and reinstall the software of your printing device. The entire process is easy and shouldn’t take a lot of time and if you think it’s a bit too much for you. You can call us on our toll-free number and our experts can handle it for you. You can also chat live with us in the chat window provided below.
Thus, these were the few easy steps that allowed anyone to quickly turn printer from offline to online. This would allow you to look at your printing device in a different light than before. If you wish to know more about your printing device. You can call our experts and they can resolve more issues for you. The toll-free number is provided in the website. Chat live to get instant and remote support for all your printing devices.